Sunday, 1 September 2013
Charcot part 3
Well last Friday was my recent foot check up and it went very well despite the 3hr appointment time but they treat everybody's problems for as long as there needed and that's why it's very time consuming. The waiting room was rammed as it usually is I don't know if its the same in every hospital but our foot clinic only runs two days a week and if there's an emergency people get shuffled (like I did so I don't moan). There are too many chairs in the waiting room as the majority of us are in wheelchairs I'm sure it would make more sense to remove some other wise you get dumped by the water fountain. Some wheelchair users really do need L plates not me I'm fantastic my nurse has already put me down for wheelchair rugby! But it's an option. I was called in by the chiropodist (not the nasty one she hurts) my feet were fine no heat and non swollen (smug) I have my scan next week and my doctor is very confident that its possible my air casts might eventually come off. She even booked me in to have my feet measured the same day yay! The doctor was lovely he measured my feet and I had to put my feet in this strange box that sank when I put my feet in very weird experience . Then I got to pick my sexy new shoes (snort) those catalogues really do know justice and they should be here in 4 weeks. I have funny feet apparently my big toe is not flat from underneath to the end of my little toe. However he thinks I may only need special soles eventually so I can't complain and also my heel now clicks but let's see what the scan says first fingers crossed. Although I was having a conversation with my friend only last week that if my feet have crumbled I would rather amputate then surgery (theres been times when i wanted to hack it off myself its been that painful) and I would like one of those blade legs (do I get a discount on shoes if I only need one shoe or should I save it for someone who had the opposite leg off) my friend just laughed and said you've really thought about that haven't you my reply was yes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment