Monday, 7 October 2013
New shoe
It was time for my foot check up well orthopaedic appointment hoping my new shoes were here well other wise it would be a pointless appointment. I was shouted in by My doctor I was allowed to wear my right show and right only :( however it's a start. The shoes weren't as bad as I was expecting them to be they were black with like a puma stripe on the side made out of soft leather but were more like trainers then shoes. And they are the comfiest shoe I have ever worn I was allowed to wear it for 20mins a day and when walking but only around the house other wise it's the wheelchair still. If I'm seated them it has to come off this is to stop it swelling although some swelling is normal. At my next foot check up if my foot is the same temperature as it was before the shoe and if not swollen I will be able to drive an automatic car (how exciting bearing in mind I've never driven an automatic so that will be interesting). My left foot is still in an air cast 23hrs a day boo! However my last scan said it is healing and new bone is growing I have another scan in 6 weeks time I'm really hoping it will be healed by then and be able to wear my other shoe and begin weight bearing on that one too. It's so nice to have flexibility it my right foot specially as it's been in cast for the last 5 months and I can sit half comfy and it's so much lighter and also wonderful not to have to pump it up who would have thought that wearing a shoe would feel so strange had some other great news in the post today I've had my disabled blue badge confirmed so know more being stranded in the car park waiting to get run over. I'm starting to see a little light at the end of the ever long tunnel my journey continues....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment