Thursday, 15 August 2013
Burden
I imagine any illness or disease is an a burden on anyone but I don't like being an a burden on everyone else family, friends ect it's my problem and ill sort it myself like I always have done. I don't want to be treated differently or to look different and I definitely don't want any sympathy. My illness definitely feels like a burden with constant blood sugar checks, maths exams, funny looks. I've got over the part that I'm now stuck with this chronic disease but still not over the part with having to deal with it day in and day out. I'm not saying its the hardest illness to deal with but it's definitely not the easiest people just seem to think you watch what you eat and have an injection a few times a day. But it's much, much harder than that constantly keeping your blood sugars stable while battling normal life like rushed off your feet at work, running after naughty children its something most people don't have to think about (and your so lucky). After nearly ending up in hospital last weekend with DKA which I imagine is every diabetics nightmare the only way of getting through it with out being hospitalised is lots of fluids (sugar free obviously) lots of peeing (every friggin hour) and glucose checks every 2 hours and (yes that includes through the night). It's such a demanding illness you never get a break not even at Christmas. However I like to deal with this on my own always have always will and yes I moan about it a lot I think I'm entitled to seeing as most people only have to moan about what to eat? Least you don't have to do a maths test with it too and if you get it wrong it fucks you up for the rest of the day. If I want any help ill ask just don't presume you can stick your nose in when ever you feel like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment