Sunday, 25 August 2013

Lifestyle

I'm sure we've all dreamt to be richer, better financially off and debt free but sometimes things happen that can take that away from you at probably the least appropriate time. Myself for instance I was doing two part time jobs just to keep above water I was just getting myself back on track when I was hit with Charcot. Not knowing much about it I thought it wouldn't take that long to get better how wrong I was. Although I was in pain and discomfort I didn't think about the financial side but just 4 months into my treatment I noticed there isn't any financial help or support a losing battle. I'm currently receiving ESA (employment support allowance) which you can only have for 1 year except because I'm on a contribution allowance and not support I've got to start all over again in 6 weeks when I already know I'm going to be off work a lot longer. I also filled in a ridiculous form for PIA (used to be disability confusing i know) where every question was the same just written differently I may as well of banged my head against the wall (maybe the damage from that may of helped me get a claim) but its now been 15 weeks since. Somebody was suppose to come see me last week about my claim by Thursday Ive had no date or time so I rang them there response was someone forgot to ring me but can I get to Nottingham the next city over. I would love too! Put the kettle on and Ill just hop on the bus and ill be there (stupid) I'm in a wheelchair and have no one to take me at this short notice (oh they said whats actually wrong with you? me do you actually have my hospital notes which i know you've received!) well we have no one in your area for at least 2 weeks so still no money. I've worked ever since school only days I've had off are for shit diabetes I've paid my national insurance (although I had started using that way before I had started paying for it). And my tax a lot of people in the same condition seem to be having the same problem and I know a lot of them would quite happily go back to work if there's a job they can do with there condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment