Sunday, 30 June 2013

Complications

Diabetic complications I myself have 2 Charcot and proximal neuropathy at 26! I've had un stable blood sugars for at least 8yrs I know! If I knew this would happen at such an early age it might have made me look after myself better or perhaps been shown a diabetic patient with no feet and blindness. I know it's my own doing and dont need a lecture but perhaps I would have needed one back in the day every diabetic is told of the possibile complications but this normally happens (later in life) apparently (wrong answer!) but you can kind of expect it when your older and have had the disease for like 50/60 years not 13! But not all diabetics have complications depends how well you are at stabling your blood sugars and getting enough support. A lot of people think its an easy disease just dont eat sugar and take your shots but your blood sugars can be very sensetive for instance stress, exercise can sometimes have a big affect. Every time you eat is a maths exam (and im shit at maths) but its not always bad there is also the posotive like free prescriptions and not having to go full term when you come o have a baby. But on a good note I have now started looking after myself better sooner rather than later and all that I am on a mission my blood sugars are now under 12 (USA 216) with the odd random 30! (USA 540) But it isn't going to happen over night so on I go...... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment