May 15th 2013
2 weeks before this date I was adventuring on a new journey..... professional boxing (sort of) well it kind of ended before it began really. I jumped which is quite normal in squat jumps but being totally exhausted I only jumped a couple of inches (yes inches) possibly centimetres actually I got a spasm and sharp pain in my left foot so I walked it off (hobbling slightly). Next morning my foot was black off to a&e I went one X-ray later it's just badly bruised after the joke I thought you boxed with your hands not your feet ( really I never knew that). One week later 15th may I went back to hospital as now both feet swollen and still one black foot. Two hours later I was hit with the condition Charcot arthropathy a complication of type 1 diabetes but quite rare at my young age (coughs 26). I'm a naughty diabetic paying the price now unfortunately story of my life. But the news crushed me bearing in mind I'm a dog walker in real life so bye bye boxing professional athlete and hello 8 weeks in air casts hmmm cripple came to mind and thought life was over in which it was for a week. Then my brain said I was being selfish and there are worse off people than myself so I picked myself off the floor (with crutches obviously not that naughty) rubbed my puffy wet eyes and sat down which is where I'll be sitting for the next 4 weeks until my wheelchair comes in the next 15 weeks I am aware that doesn't makes sense?? To be continued.........
You should customise your wheelchair when it's arrived and stop being so naughty :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a really good idea ( pimp my chair) :)
ReplyDelete