Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Daydreaming


  • Daydreaming I'm sure I'm not alone at doing this but I do probably do it more than average. Watching some children play I went back to my own childhood which is a painful memory for me not that anything really bad happened just bullying and being made to look different (just the norm then). But was trying to remember what it was like before this disease ruined my early teen years I really hope for children these days (I'm not that old) that things have changed. For example (my days of school) actually being sent home from school for having a hypo as they obviously didn't know how to feed a child a mars bar or having to leave the classroom to have a snack whilst the teacher telling all the children that Emma has an in curable illness and needs to leave the classroom could she just not had said I needed to pee! Talk about making you look and feel different because being the only child in school with this condition wasent bad enough. I'm pretty sure things are better now days seeing as juvenile diabetes isn't that rare any more and the epidemic of type 2s (yes there's 2 types) and yes we are allowed to eat sugar!!! So Hopefully schools are better educated these days or at least have more common sense in what to do during a hypoglycaemic attack (low blood sugar) or at least I live in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment