Tuesday, 2 July 2013
Diabetes burnout
I'm sure I'm like most diabetics that I tend to get bored of checking my blood sugar and carbohydrate counting its like a faze I go through. Sometimes I'm brilliant at it and sometimes I just wanna scream at my blood machine for telling me my blood sugar is high when I've not eaten anything. Apparently it's called diabetes burnout and its extremely common amongst all type 1s i just thought it was depression? When i get it its often eating time every time I eat its a chore and sometimes I think it would be so much easier not to eat at all surely my blood sugars will be stable then? Wrong! I forgot to add that one biscuit I ate 2 hours ago (bitch blood machine knows everything!) I don't know if there's something you can do to stop yourself getting diabetes burnout maybe it's just part of life and the illness itself or if its just a quick reminder that i have it 24hrs a day 365 days a year no holidays! And that you just need a good kick up the bum and to sort yourself out but luckily today is a good day! :) Right where's the biscuits?! Yes pump I can hear you (don't forget to bolus, bolus, bolus.....
Labels:
#diabetes,
#diabetesburnout,
#type1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment